Blaine Mirasty nisiykaison, Kopakowukunum ohci niya
I'm Blaine Mirasty from Flying Dust First Nation, SK.
I wanted to share some thoughts about how an First Nations individuals can create their own sourced revenue if you live in the reserve. It's always good to have another source of revenue in the event your employer decided to lay workers off.
10 ideas list for First Nations people on reserve.
1. Build and create an unique Airbnb listing on your reserve whether it be an accomodation or provide an "experience". Build and design a camping space and showcase the reserve natural landscapes, the water, the forrests or the Prairies.
the experience can be something simple like teaching and showing someone how to cook bannock over a fire, berry picking and traditional stories about your reserve that you heard growing up.
2. Building a Youtube channel - teaching and showcasing your unique interests, talents and abilities
3. Working with A.I and designing an APP or Software program that solves a problem, our languages are in danger for the people 30 years old and younger
4. National competitions - Indigenous Innovation Initiative fund comes to mind - "health, social and economic challenges and spark community led Indigenous Innovation.
5. Be creative and design a product through research and design AKA trial and error to get a prototype, you can then market it on "Kickstarter" and see if there is interest. This would be an Inventor type of career.
6. Indigenous Homes Initiative - research and learn about the challenge and best practices, learn how to build homes with sustainable material that can survive in Canada's north. There is a lot of potential to make money in this initiative.
Learn about the Impact Canada Challenges
7. Be creative and design a board game - research best new board games and go from there, the board game would be "easier" to mass produce.
8. Researching learning cards and seeing the different uses out there for language learning, public speaking and general knowledge subjects. A person can design some cards based on language, and the ANKi method , spaced repitition learning.
9. Podcasting - can host a podcast for learning and educational purposes, from my point of view it should in the end make some money and you get that by listenership and downloads.
10. United Nations Sustainable Development goals - think if the ways you can help design a solution to the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals.